07 June 2011

The Lunchtray Desktop

At the risk of seeming more absurd than usual, I've decided to share this quirky desktop I made, with the world at large. I had several reasons behind styling it this way.

I'm messy. I like to call it being artistic, but for the moment, I'll admit I'm absentminded (which leads to the messy part). I need some structure. I needed compartments for the icons floating around on my desktop. I also needed to label them, or I'd throw everything everywhere like usual, it would just be in cute 'boxes.'

So the birth of this desktop was imminent. For reasons I'll never understand, I miss lunchtrays from elementary school, and pizza day, and wondering why the square milk carton sat in a cubby with a round imprint. I'll try to focus on the topic at hand. :)

Labels include keepers, for stuff that stays in that exact area on my apple's desktop, projects for when I need them front and center, incoming for imports and such, brb for my app icons that only show up when I use them (then disappear after, ruining my sense of balance and permanence), stuff I need to file away in my documents, and finally a misc. cubby for icons I leave there to symbolize goals and stuff.

Use it if you like! I'll email it to you. If you don't like then don't. I'd like you to tell me if it's your cup of tea though. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment